Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet Spirits we are blessed with


In our June fast and testimony meeting, Blake looked up at me and said, "mom, I wanna do that. I wanna share my testimony with other people." I told him that we would talk about testimonies in our next FHE and then if he wanted to at the next fast and testimony meeting, he could. So we had and FHE on it the next night. Last fast and testimony meeting we were at the family reunion and so Blake did not have a chance to do it, but every week he has been asking me if it was the Sunday where he could share his testimony. Today was the day. This morning I told him that today was the day, if he felt so inclined to do so, he could. I then reminded him that a testimony is to testify of the things we know to be true. As the Sacrament ended today, Blake was getting very anxious and wanted to go up, but was a little hesitant. Rylee then chimed in and said she wanted to do it too. I reminded them about what we talked about and how mom and dad would not go up there with them, that they needed to be able to do it on their own. Blake wanted Rylee to go first. So she did. I can't remember all of what she said, but it was probably the sweetest testimony I have ever heard (probably because it was out little girl doing it). The couple things I remember her saying were about how she new the gospel was true, how she knew mommy and daddy got married in the temple so we can be together forever, and that Joseph Smith restored the church to the earth. She was so poised up there, making eye contact with all those in the congregation. It was so sweet. Then it was Blake's turn. He wasn't as comfortable with being in front of everyone as Ry was, but he did it. He talked about how he knew families can be together forever. It was also very sweet, but much much shorter than Rylee's :)

We are sure blessed with 3 sweet(and ornery) little Spirits in our home. I am so grateful for them and how much they teach me. I love being a mom!!!


1 comment:

Crystyne said...

I can't wait for my kids to bear their testimonies in sacrament meeting. Mason says he wants to, but we have the same rule, we will not go up with them, so he is too hesitant to go up still.