Monday, May 16, 2011

Still pluggin' away

Good news: I am still making progress in my journey to lose weight, get healthy, and feel better! I am now starting my 10th week. I am happy to report that I have continued to exercise through sickness and through a foot injury (which the old me would have used as an excuse not to exercise until I felt better).

The day that I hurt my foot, I continued to workout, but it killed me the rest of the day. I could barely walk on it. I iced it all night and the next morning it still hurt but it was better. I debated on whether or not to workout. I did. The first 20 minutes of jogging about killed me, but I pushed through the pain and the last 10 minutes of the workout, my foot kept feeling better and better. As that day progressed, my foot continued to feel better. It's still a little sensitive, but I am so proud of myself for not using it as an excuse like I've been prone to use excuses in the past.
As of today, I have lost 12.8 lbs. But more importantly, I am down 2 sizes and have lost about 4 inches off of my waist and a couple inches off my butt! I feel so much better emotionally and physically. It's a great feeling! It's a great feeling setting a goal and working my butt off to try and reach that goal. Yay for feeling great!

1 comment:

Crystyne said...

Great job Heather!