Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween was fun for the kids, as always. It's really not my favorite holiday, but I still try to make it fun for them. JD is chasing his tail in this pic. That's all he wanted to do at the ward trunk or treat party the Saturday before.

Rylee the lion and Officer Blake


Bill was a police officer too
The only pic I got of him wearing his dinosaur hat...notice how my mom is still fastening it? Yeah, it lasted about 2 seconds...
we went trick or treating at the mall. Pretty big crowd, but you get lots of candy in a small amount of time and it's warm. This is a pic of the kids killing time before it started
On Halloween, Rylee decided to use one of her other costumes and was Kiara, Simba's daughter in Lion King II.
I always combine the kid's candy and then keep it up...this is one of theose Costco bags, about 3/4 full. It weighed 16 lbs!!! I always end up throwing Hallween candy away around Easter because we always have some till then (probably because I monitor so much, but I don't want our kids eating gobs of candy all day long)
All in all, it was pretty a good day even though it's so not my favorite holiday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute costumes!!! that is a good idea to combine all the cany especially while they are young so they don't know any different! hope things are going well!

Crystyne said...

How was it going to the mall? Would you recommend it to others?