Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A weight loss year in review


Let me take you on a journey, a journey through pictures from one year ago.

This was the end of October 2010
November 2010, I don't normally do body shots and this one of my family was the best I could get, and notice I am still trying to use JD as a shield. I am infamous for cropping my photos because I have never liked what I looked like...
More November 2011
I think I hated what I looked like so much that I did not get any photos with me in them for December 2010 and January 2011. I know sad huh?

This was us in February 2011, when we visited our friends in Utah
March 6th 2011 I was watching Biggest Loser, probably eating cookies or something and decided that I needed to change my lifestyle, become healthier. I figured it 400 + lb. people can do it,I could too. Granted, I didn't have a trainer, nor 8 hours in my day to workout hardcore, but I could workout and eat less. So I started the next day. I started out slow and easy, but I was doing it and that's what mattered. I have never put myself on a diet. That doesn't work for me. I can't even say "no sugars" or anything like that. I like my treats! I just say to myself things like: Less! Smaller! Controlled portions!

March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
And me today, November 8, 2011. No cropping of pictures. Go ahead, scroll back up and see the difference. It's huge. I know.



Today I am 30.2 lbs lighter than I was 8 months ago, almost to the day. I am about 3 sizes smaller, but most importantly, I feel so much better....physically and emotionally. I did this for my family, but more importantly, I did this for myself! I am giving myself a new goal now, because I can still get even healthier. It's all about baby steps. If I would have said to myself 8 months ago that I needed to lose 50 lbs, it would have seemed so out of reach. So I didn't. I made smaller goals, reached them till I reached my ultimate goal -30, and now that I have done that, I have made a new one... -10-15 lbs more. It's doable. Thanks for all the support everyone! I appreciate it sooooooo much!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Heather- You are so great. I think you have the right mindset, small, attainable goals, and as you reach them set a new goal. You look fabulous! Love you and keep up the hard work!

D and C said...

You are seriously my hero and my inspiration. I can do this! Thank you so much for being such an amazing example.
LOVE YOu

Crystyne said...

You look great! I don't think the latest picture really shows how great you really look. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

so proud of you!!! I want to follow your example! good work.

indubitably danielle said...

Great job, Heather. Love you! Our family will soon be completely filled with hotties...no one is going to know what to do with us.