Friday, February 24, 2012

Disneyland surprise

Spencer and I had quite a few points racked up from Southwest and we knew we had 2 or 3 possible free tickets. One of the ticket vouchers is going to expire in mid April so he was looking around to see where he and myself could go for a little getaway. When he asked me where I'd want to go I replied "The only vacation I REALLY want to got on involves taking the kids. Disneyland and Seaworld." He told me to look into the cost of everything and get back to him. Because I have secretly looked at the cost of a trip there several times over the last couple years I already knew the answer and knew we couldn't afford it, at least not in the next month before one of the tickets were to expire. I looked around for a day. It was going to be cheaper with the couple free airfare tickets, but it still seemed to expensive. As I was on the Southwest site, I had a feeling to check airfare by my points and not by price and to also check around to a couple different airports around Anaheim. Anyways, when I did all that I was able to find 4 tickets to LAX for UNDER the amount of points I had. So my 4 free tickets plus Spencer's 1 free ticket= 5 FREE tickets. I texted Spencer and explained to him what I found and asked him if I was doing it correctly. Within an hour he had surprised emailed me flight confirmations to LAX. WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND AND SEAWORLD!!!! Mom helped me make a scavenger hunt for the kids to tell them and this is a video of them doing it.


We are spending 3 full days in Disneyland and then going to San Diego for 3 days to stay with Spencer's brother and wife and spend some time in Seaworld. I am soooo excited! YAY for free stuff!

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I'm so excited for you!! It will be awesome for the kids! And I LOVE San Diego! If you have time (and money) you should try to go to the San Diego Zoo. Fun stuff! I hope you have fun! :) Take a lot of pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! so excited for you and your family...hope you have tons of fun!!! :}

Crystyne said...

How fun for you guys!