Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and traditions

This Thanksgiving was a little different, for a couple of reasons. Spencer was out of town to be with his family, we celebrated the night before Thanksgiving at my sister's house, and my brothers and their families were not there (they were with their spouses families). But it was still good. Bill roasted the turkey and it was the best I've ever had. I normally don't like turkey, well, I normally don't like most of what is served at Thanksgiving...I don't even like pie...lol. So no, I did not gain the dreaded 5 lbs most Americans gain over the holiday (I actually lost half a pound). Actually my favorite tradition over the Thanksgiving holiday is going Black Friday shopping with my mom and sisters. (however, I did not care for the fact that stores opened at 9 and 1o on Thursday night, and then some at 12 and then some at 5...it made for an all nighter...literally. We left the house at 9:30 pm on Thursday and didn't get home until 11:30 am on Friday. Yep, that's right...14 hours and I loved almost every minute of it. Now, I don't shop for those crazy things that the store only has 2 of, so it is really easy for me to find what I want. If the store is sold out, oh well. The only place I did not like this year was Target. Their line, inside and out was beyond crazy, but since I had nowhere to be for 4 hours, we stood in line for 2. I love spending time with my mom and sisters and shopping WITHOUT children. Maybe that's why I like Black Friday so much...because I am able to shop without children whining, complaining, and fighting. whatever the reason, I love our tradition!


Thanksgiving dinner at my sister, Danielle's


Me and Katie, killing some time in the van, waiting for Target to open. We were watching Never Been Kissed on her phone
Driving home after 14 hours of shopping. I was buried in bags and as you can see that is Katie holding a TV on top of her :)
Done :) and waiting for everyone to unbury me :)

1 comment:

D and C said...

You are SERIOUSLY adorable. LOVED the pictures and your traditions. Love you!