Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's fun being a kid!

This is our goofball Jaxton....

 We go to a place called Porter Park a couple times a week.  It's the most awesome splash pad I've ever seen...and it's FREE!!!  It has a couple small water slides, and huge bucket that dumps on the kids, and various fountain-splash things.  The kids love it. Jaxton asks every day "we going to Poor Park today?"
 The kids have been eating a lot of these...

 and doing a lot of this....
 The kids love to "help" me in the kitchen.  But Rylee's way of helping is waiting and licking the bowl of whatever I'm making (she always seems to have ulterior motives for helping me).
                                                  and she likes to pose for the camera
 This little guy likes to "help" in the kitchen too.  But he is so independent he is always saying to me "no, I do it myself mom."  This makes me nervous in the kitchen because he likes to stir hot things, messy things, put things in and out of the microwave, crack eggs, wash the dishes, etc.  Well, actually it makes me nervous everywhere.  He especially likes to go potty by himself while we are out in public.  We go into the girls bathroom together, I start to go into the stall with him, he says "no, I do it myself mom," I stand outside the stall peeking through the crack of the door, hoping he can reach himself over the little ledge of the toilet (he's kinda not quite tall enough and has to stand on his tippy toes), so he doesn't get pee everywhere on him or the seat or the floor. He then flushes and then lets me in the stall.  He's the most independent kid we've had at this age!


                                                             We play outside a lot!
 I took pics of the kids and put it in a 3 hole frame the kids made for dad.  This first one of JD I didn't use for the gift, but it puts into perspective how hard it is to get him to cooperate :)



 Sorry, I didn't take  a pic of the final product, but you get the idea right?  The adorable kids, in a 3 hole frame, that spells DAD.  Cute eh?

More fun at Porter Park
 It's rough being a kid isn't it?


 Rylee, writing her daddy a song
 We made dirt cake last week....YUMMY!!! brownies on the bottom, cool whip and pudding, with crushed cookies and gummy worms on top...

 We have a little park at our church building, so we've walked there a couple times now and here is Ry posing as she plays there and JD is riding the Panda.
 JD sneaking snacks from my bag at the park and then going to the other end of the bench so I couldn't see him :)
 Playing with Play-doh
 Wearing mommy's shoes
 Blake LOVES my mom's lasagna!  He ate 5 helpings and I had to tell him no more!  Growing boy!  He's been doing the Nike basketball camp for 3.5 hours each day this week, going to summer school in the morning, and playing with his best bud when he gets home at 4:30!  I don't ever see the kid!  Hence the lack of pics of him :)
 Her hair is finally long enough to put in a side pony and she looks as gorgeous as always!
 We go to the library at least once a week.  The have story time and crafts on Tuesday, Free movies like Monsters vs. Aliens on a big screen on Mondays, and an awesome summer reading incentive program.


We are heading to Spokane next week for a family reunion in Priest River with Spencer's side of the family.  We are sooooo excited to see everyone!  I hope I can find my camera before next week!

1 comment:

D and C said...

Cutest kids ever. I can't wait for us to come and visit. We miss you guys.
Love you.
D